13 Nov Why You May Need to Hire a Marketing Agency | QUIZ
Before we dive into why you may need to hire a marketing agency, it is first important to make sure you’re ready to hire one. Should you hire an agency? A freelancer? In-house?
Our 5-minute quiz, Do You Need to Hire a Digital Marketing Agency? will help answer that for you!
If this is your first time hiring a marketing agency, here are a few things to consider before you even start looking for a firm:
- Do you have a clear vision of what you want the marketing company to achieve?
- Are you prepared to invest time and resources into at least 6 months of marketing?
- Are you able to handle more work that you expect the marketing company to bring in?
If your answer is an enthusiastic “YES” to all the above, then it’s time to look at how hiring a marketing agency can help you grow – and how it cannot.
Hiring the right marketing agency can:
- Help you clarify and build your marketing strategy. For this, you will need to hire a marketing agency with experience in building overall marketing strategies.
- Help increase online presence. Among many things, it can include driving traffic to your website, generating leads, and/or growing your social media.
- Help keep all your marketing efforts organized. If you are working with multiple marketing companies, you will want to have an outsourced or in-house CMO to tie it all together. This is a service SocialCow also provides on a case-by-case basis.
- Help you focus on your job and have peace of mind that your business is being represented in the best light.
- Reduce your in-house costs and liabilities. Since marketing agencies are third-party providers, you can reduce employment responsibilities including workers’ compensation and taxes.
Hiring an effective marketing agency will not:
- Replace all marketing efforts. One of the biggest misunderstandings in the industry is that once you hire a marketing agency, you no longer have to do anything to help marketing efforts. The most successful businesses trust their marketing teams and implement the work they request. For example, while SocialCow’s Facebook Ads team is fantastic at generating leads, we know that the best content for those ads will come directly from our clients in most cases. An agency should also be able to facilitate that content creation to make it easier for the client to produce.
- Sell the products or services for you. Sales and marketing should always work hand in hand, but they cannot replace one another. Marketing raises brand awareness, leads the customers to the products or services, but Sales closes the deal! Unless specifically offered or agreed upon as in the case of selling e-commerce products, marketing agencies will not sell for you.
🚨A major benefit of hiring a marketing agency over someone in-house is often overlooked. Consider that the right marketing agency will bring you a team of experts in their respective fields who are always learning about their field. Instead of getting one in-house, salaried employee, you get the benefit of an entire team for the same price, if not less.
Now that you’re confident in your need for a marketing company to help your business reach more people, it’s time to start looking for the right agency to partner with. Notice that we use the word “partner”. The marketing agency you choose should feel like an extension of your business rather than a separate entity. That is our commitment to each SocialCow client.
What to consider when hiring a marketing agency:
- Do they have experience in your industry or in complementing industries? Working with a marketing agency that already understands the nuances of your business decreases the learning curve and can often speed up the results.
- Are they organized and punctual in their approach? From the time you request a consultation with them, watch their processes for follow up, call flow and proposals. One thing we find cumbersome as customers are hefty proposals that aren’t explained by the companies. That’s why we always get on a follow up call with our prospects to make sure they understand exactly what they’re getting. This brings us to our next point:
- Are they transparent? Authenticity and transparency are key in any relationship. Make sure that the marketing agency you choose tells you exactly how it is. This includes what services are in their wheelhouse, what expectations you can have from their services, what control you maintain over your accounts and how they charge.
- You typically want to avoid companies that claim to do everything under their own roof. For example, while SocialCow handles all digital marketing services, we do not provide public relations services in-house. As we have been in business for a decade, we have developed strong relationships with PR firms nationwide and pair our clients with the appropriate one when asked. But we do not carry this service in-house and our clients know it!
- Another point of dispute in the industry is what control the client has over their accounts. While you hope to have a long relationship with your marketing agency, there may come a time when you sell your business or decide to try another company. At the same time, the agency wants to make sure that the client doesn’t mess with the accounts and then blame them, or simply to get paid for their work. While there are many ways to make this fair, it is important to ask this question when considering an agency.
A professional marketing plan is a valuable part of your company’s success. Even if you enjoy tinkering with ads, promotional concepts or social media exposure, leaving the marketing to skilled professionals who have the tools, knowledge and manpower to get the job done will make a huge difference in your bottom line. They will work with you to tailor a plan to help your specific business and implement it, resulting in lead generation.
By hiring an agency, you’re putting the power of an outsourced marketing team at your disposal. This allows you and your in-house team to focus on what you do best.
Considering hiring a digital marketing agency with neuromarketing foundation? Click here to schedule a free consultation now or chat us.